“From the beginning, EAD's mission has been to help those in our local community. Serving essential workers and helping them process the mental, physical and emotional toll that COVID-19 has had in recent months is our immediate goal. These events have been created to say thank you to the many who have served our local community so well.” – Deb VanderBand, Executive Director
Equine Assisted Development is offering FREE structured sessions to essential workers in Michigan impacted by COVID-19. These sessions are an opportunity to be renewed with others in your professional sphere and release stress, tension and overwhelm.
Events are bi-weekly (Tuesday mornings and Thursday evenings) starting June 16 through July 16, 2020. EAD utilizes the EAGALA Model, considered the gold standard for equine assisted psycho-therapy and personal development. Note: all EAD equine therapy work is on the ground, no riding of the horses is involved.
Events are catered to the following professions:
• Christian Ministries & Non-profits | June 16 - 9am - 10:30am
• Abuse Victim Advocates | June 18 - 6:30pm - 8pm
• Medical Professionals | June 23 - 9am - 10:30am
• Assisted Living Caregivers | June 25 - 6:30pm - 8pm
• Corporate & Small Business Owners | June 30 - 9am - 10:30am
• Military (Active, Reserve & Veteran) | July 2 - 6:30pm - 8pm
• First Responders (Fire, Police & EMT) | July 7 - 9am - 10:30am
• Mental Health Providers | July 9 - 6:30pm - 8:30pm
• School Educators | July 14 - 9am - 11:00am
• CPS Workers & Supervisors | July 16 - 6:30pm - 8pm
Please note: Registrations are limited to 8 participants per event and EAD will adhere to 6 feet social distancing and will require participants to bring and wear facemasks. For questions about these events and media coverage, call 616-318-4919 or email